On 10 January 2011 was founded the Association of Private Investors in Romania.
On April 11, 2011 was signed Addendum No. 1 to the Statute of PIA.
It received the Certificate of registration of non-profit legal person no. 50 of 27.04.2011.
- Representing the interests of its members, both nationally and internationally, by respecting the internal provisions and the law.
- Enabling their activities based on the principles of a modern economic system in which investments, distribution and prices of goods and services are determined through the operation of a free market economy;
- Promoting productive relationships and cooperation with public authorities, trade unions, other legal entities and individuals;;
Promoting a responsible, constructive and transparent dialogue.
Objectives of the Association
- support full freedom of action of its members for the development and improvement of terms of trade of their work;
- promote fair competition to ensure equal opportunities to each of its members
- to exchange ideas and views among its members to identify and promote common interests;
- distribute information documents making position, documents, periodicals, books;
- collect and use funds and manage these funds to achieve its goals and objectives;
- promote communication, cooperation and dialogue between this employer and authorities in Romania;
- to cooperate with the authorities to overcome the difficulties and obstacles that may exist in relations with domestic and foreign private investors;
- to initiate, establish and promote new laws and other legislative or regulatory initiatives or modify existing ones;
- to issue advisory opinions on proposed legislation or regulatory or legislative initiatives submitted this Employers for review;
- support the development funds absorption in Romania available on numerous EU policies;
- to promote the interests of the international business community in Romania in order to attract more FDI;
- to cooperate with international organizations or other entities for similar activities;
- organize and participate in meetings, conferences, seminars, courses
Take any other action that may be useful goals and objectives based on a decision of the Board or the General Assembly.
- General Assembly
- Board of Directors
- President: Franz Weiler – CEO of Uniqa Asigurari
- Executive Director: Doina CIOMAG, e-mail:email@example.com ;
The association’s members are the following companies:
- ARCTIC S.A.
- AZOMURES S.A.
- BANCA COMERCIALĂ ROMÂNĂ S.A.
- BRD – GROUPE SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE S.A.
- BUCUREȘTI TURISM S.A.
- CAN-PACK ROMÂNIA S.R.L.
- CARREFOUR ROMÂNIA S.A.
- ARTIMA S.A.
- GROUPAMA ASIGURĂRI S.A.
- HOLCIM (ROMÂNIA) S.A.
- JT INTERNATIONAL (ROMÂNIA) S.R.L.
- JT INTERNATIONAL MANUFACTURING S.A.
- KPMG ROMÂNIA S.R.L.
- MICHELIN ROMÂNIA S.R.L.
- MOL ROMÂNIA PETROLEUM PRODUCTS S.R.L.
- NESTLE ROMÂNIA S.R.L.
- PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS AUDIT S.R.L.
- PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS S.R.L
- PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS SERVICII S.R.L
- PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS TAX ADVISORS & ACCOUNTANTS S.R.L.
- PROVIDENT FINANCIAL ROMÂNIA IFN S.A.
- RAIFFEISEN BANK S.A.
- RSM ROMANIA SRL
- TELEKOM ROMÂNIA COMMUNICATIONS S.A.
- TIMKEN ROMÂNIA S.A.
- UNIQA ASIGURĂRI S.A.
- UNIQA ASIGURĂRI DE VIAȚĂ S.A.
- UNITED ROMANIAN BREWERIES BEREPROD S.R.L.
- CARLSROM BEVERAGE CO S.R.L.
- VODAFONE ROMÂNIA S.A.
- VALVIS HOLDING S.A.
Over 50000 employees work in the companies belonging to Private Investors Association.
On 20 March 2013, Private Investors Association joined the Employers’ Confederation Concordia.